Dr Suhas Masilamani
Dr. Suhas Masilamani returned to India in 2017 after a 3-year stint in the United States to join Sunshine Hospitals, Hyderabad as a Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon. He specializes in Conventional and Robotic-assisted hip, Total Knee, and Partial Knee Replacements, Revision Surgeries, Trauma Surgery and Pediatric Orthopedics. Within a span of three years, he moved up the ranks to become the Program Director of “Sunshine OrthoRobotics” which is the division of Robotic Joint Replacement at Sunshine Hospitals.
He has vast experience at diagnosing and treating various Orthopedic conditions and injuries related to bone, joints, ligaments, tendons etc. He is also manages various conditions ranging from sports injuries, fractures, arthritis-related issues, back pain and foot & ankle problems with both operative and non-operative modalities. His return to India speaks volumes about his intention and dedication to use his expertise to benefit his own people here in India.
- MBBS, Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
- MS, Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
- DNB (Orthopaedics), National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
Awards and Honours
- Best Outgoing Orthopaedic Resident Award, Christian Medical College
- University 1ST in Orthopaedic Surgery, Baba Farid University of Medical Sciences, Punjab.
- Secured 3rd RANK in Postgraduate Medical Entrance Examination, Christian Medical College, Ludhiana.
- Received Dr H.B Singh Silver Medal for securing second rank in Final M.B.B.S Examinations.
- Received Dr M.E Tucker Prize for standing second in General Surgery.
- Got distinction in Pathology subject in M.B.B.S.
- Joint Replacement Surgery Fellowship, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Bronx Lebanon Hospital, New York, USA.
- Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery Fellowship, Albert Einstein School of Medicine Montefiore Children Hospital, New York, USA.
- Deputy Joint Replacement Fellowship, Srikara Hospital Hyderabad, India.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Member of American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)
- Member of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Member of International Congress for Joint Reconstruction (ICJR)
- Member of Andhra Pradesh Medical Council